Internship with The Living Ocean & Under The Wave Zanzibar
Are you a college/ university student who loves ocean life and conservation. Do you want to use your study or thesis to explore marine issues topics? Or are you a sea enthusiast who is interested in finding out more about how human activities impact the environment and how we could change this for the better? The Living Ocean is looking for you!
You can join different projects in Zanzibar as an intern. You will have the opportunity to learn how The Living Ocean operates to face complex marine issues. And work together with people of different nationalities, while also getting in touch with the local community.
At this moment we have the following projects:
- Turtle Hatchery
- Coral Nursery
- Reef monitoring program
- Educational Education program for local schools
- Beach & Village clean up
- Turtle Photo Identification Program
What we offer
- An exciting internship program, including an onboarding event and fun activities.
- A flexible way of working.
- An opportunity to look behind the scenes at a NGO.
- Working with experienced Marine Biologists.
- Accommodation next to the beach.
- Unforgettable experience on a dream-like island.
What we ask
- Availability from min. 3 months for 6 days a week.
- Minimum age 18 years
- You are a college, university, or master student.
- Are open-minded and be able to work with local community.
- You have affinity with Marine causes and Ocean protection.
- You are a team player.
- Fluent in English.
Do you want to be part of our amazing team? Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Testimony from our previous intern
An internship at The Living Ocean and Under the Wave is an adventure, in which you learn a lot. You can work in a small team, experiencing all the aspects of working at a NGO. Under the Wave facilitated my documentation, housing etc. In this way I could focus on my work, my personal and professional growth and enjoy the experience. I would gladly recommend it to anyone: just take this great opportunity!’’